These Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Cookies are soft and chewy. They are also bursting with flavour which leaves you wanting for more! Perfect for the festive holidays and other special occasions! The fact that you can make these gluten free is a bonus, but everyone will love them no matter what dietary requirements they have.
I’ve used both fresh and dried cranberries in this recipe, but if you just have dried version, don’t worry, just use those! The reason why I used fresh ones is because we had a few leftover from making a Christmas dinner.
You can also swap the cranberries for raisins, blueberries or other dried fruit of your choice.
Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Cookies
These cookies are soft and chewy. It is bursting with flavor which leaves you wanting for more! Perfect for the holidays and other special occasions!
- ½ cup coconut oil (room temperature)
- ⅔ cup Cassonade sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- 2¼ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (halved)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking liner.
- In a large bowl, beat together the coconut oil, sugar, and orange zest until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the fresh and dried cranberries.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to form cookies and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.