If you are planning a party, alcoholic jello shots are always a fun idea to include. And if you want to spice up your party, even more, why not try CBD infused jello vodka shots! These complement all the drink based CBD recipes available online beautifully and are very easy to make.
Here is what you’ll need to create this recipe
- Flavoured Jello (jelly) of colour and flavour of your choice. For your vegan and vegetarian friends use vegetable-based gelatin called Agar.
- Alcohol (flavour or a type of your choice)
- Flavourings or Spices to complement your flavour
- CBD oil or tincture (dosage depends on the strength of the CBD oil or tincture you have)
- Suitable containers (jello shots plastic pots, small glasses or similar)
Process of making the jello vodka shots
The process of making the jello vodka shots is fairly simple. First of all, cut up the jelly into a heatproof bowl and pour about 250 ml of boiling water over it. It’s best to put the bowl on a weighting scales and measure the boiling water, as you need to be fairly accurate.
Then mix the jelly carefully until it’s all dissolved and leave it to stand for a while, whilst you prepare your jelly shots glasses. Since we are going to be infusing the jello shots with CBD, it’s best to choose smaller containers to have better portion control.
Once the jelly has cooled down, top it up with cold water and add your chosen alcohol. Taste the jelly liquid and add any spices or flavours. Once everything is completely cold add few drops of CBD (dosage suitable for 500 ml of liquid).
The last thing to do is to pour your jelly into the jello shots glasses and place in the fridge to set. Depending on the size of your jelly shots containers the setting time could be anything from 30 minutes to a couple of hours.
Pretty much anything goes! Get inspired by your favourite drink or flavour combination. You can use any alcohol you like, but vodka goes well with any flavour. The best thing is to have a look at what alcohol you already have at home and start with that.
- Strawberry Jelly with Pink Pepper and Vodka
- Pineapple Jelly with Coconut and Vodka
- Lime Jelly with Rum
- Blackcurrant Jelly with Vodka
Extra tips to make sure your jello shots are the best one ever!
- Don’t be heavy-handed with the alcohol. If you add too much your jelly won’t set or will take a very long time to get anywhere near setting point.
- Make sure that you leave the jelly to dissolve and cool down before adding your alcohol. If you add it too soon, the alcohol could evaporate.
- If you are short of time, put your jello shots in the freezer. This will set the jelly much quicker, usually, it will take ½ the time it would normally take in the fridge. Make sure you take them out before they start to freeze and put them into the fridge ready for your party.
- You can prepare the jello shots up to 3 days in advance. Keep them in the fridge and make sure that you cover the tops with a tray (or a cling film) to prevent them from drying out.
- If you fancy adding a ‘mixer’ in, (like soda, orange juice etc.) swap it with the 120 ml cold water part.
- To speed up the setting process, put the alcohol in the fridge before use and use ice cubes instead of the cold water. If you weigh them, you should end up with 120 g, which is the same as 120 ml.
- If you don’t have the ready-made jelly packs, you can make your own with clear gelatine, fruit juice and sugar.
And the last thing to add – enjoy your party, it’s going to be a good one!
CBD infused jello shots (with or without alcohol)
- 1 packet of jelly
- 250 ml of boiling water
- 120 ml cold water
- 100 ml of alcohol or 120ml of extra cold water if not using alcohol
- CBD dosage depends on the strength of the CBD oil or tincture you have
- Spices/herbs or extra flavouring
- Cut up the jelly into a heatproof bowl and pour 250 ml of boiling water over it.
- Mix the jelly until dissolved and leave to stand for a while.
- Prepare your jelly shots glasses or plastic tubs.
- Once the jelly cooled down, top it up with 120ml of cold water and 100 ml of your chosen alcohol.
- Add your spices or other flavours and once completely cold add few drops of CBD (dosage suitable for 500 ml of liquid).
- Pour into your jelly shots and place in the fridge to set.