This quick salad recipe can be done in minutes. It’s crunchy, fresh and very affordable too! I’ve used purple cabbage in this recipe, but you could easily swap it for a white cabbage too. I also sometimes add sliced apple, depending on that I have in a fridge or kitchen cupboard.
This Sweet & Salty Red Cabbage Slaw is made in quite a large quantities, which is perfect for a dinner party or summer barbecue gathering. If you are making just a lunch for two, half the recipe ingredients, so that you don’t end up with huge amounts of coleslaw!
The coleslaw can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days, but ideally should be eaten on the day when you made it.
Sweet And Salty Cabbage Slaw
- 1 purple cabbage shredded
- 3 carrots grated or peeled
- 1 beet grated
- 1/3 cup cilantro, parsley and basil chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl. Add in the chickpeas and sunflower seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the dressing to the bowl of vegetables and mix together.