This quick Sweet And Salty Red Cabbage Coleslaw salad recipe can be done in minutes. It’s crunchy, fresh and very affordable too! I’ve used purple cabbage in this recipe, but you could easily swap it for a white cabbage too. I also sometimes add sliced apple, depending on that I have in a fridge or kitchen cupboard.
This Sweet & Salty Red Cabbage Slaw is made in quite a large quantities, which is perfect for a dinner party or summer barbecue gathering. If you are making just a lunch for two, half the recipe ingredients, so that you don’t end up with huge amounts of coleslaw!
The coleslaw can be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days, but ideally should be eaten on the day when you made it.
Sweet And Salty Cabbage Slaw
- 1 purple cabbage shredded
- 3 carrots grated or peeled
- 1 beet grated
- 1/3 cup cilantro, parsley and basil chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp tamari
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- Mix all vegetables in a bowl. Add in the chickpeas and sunflower seeds.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the dressing to the bowl of vegetables and mix together.