This is very easy recipe, that takes next to no time to make! It’s mainly because I’ve used ready made quiche pastry shell to make this recipe, but if you want to make your own your can find my step by step recipe here.
This is also very budget-friendly recipe, as I’ve used tinned salmon, rather than fresh one. If you prefer you can use a fresh salmon and just follow the same recipe.
You can also make this quiche recipe with different vegetables. Small broccoli florets work well with this recipe, but garden peas, spinach or other salads can be added too. Just don’t choose vegetables with a lot of water in them, as it would make the pastry too soggy.
The rest of this Salmon and Broccoli Quiche recipe is very easy to follow, just make sure that when you are pouring the liquid into the quiche pastry shell, you have a large baking tin underneath. It’s easier to transfer the quiche from and to oven, rather than use the small quiche dish.
This salmon quiche is best served hot with freshly made salad and new baby potatoes. I have to say, that sometimes, I love it have a piece just on it’s own, as it’s perfect cold!
Easy Salmon Quiche Recipe
- 1 tin salmon medium size – about 250 g
- 3 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper freshly milled
- 1 quiche pastry shell (23 cm – 9 inch) (unbaked) or use ready made pastry to line quiche baking tin
- 200 g cheese grated
- 130 g broccoli florets or peas
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350F)
- Drain the tinned salmon and reserve all the juices
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, then add the milk, salt, pepper and the juices from the tinned salmon
- Sprinkle pastry shell with half of the grated cheese and space out the salmon and brocolli ( or peas).
- Top with the rest of the cheese
- Make sure your quiche shell is placed on a large baking tin and then pour all the egg mixture carefully into the pastry shell.
- Place in the middle shelf of your oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve with a fresh salad.