Bring your friends and family together and share this steaming meaty sausage paella. This Sausage Paella Recipe is rich in protein and luscious too! It’s also fairly easy to make and doesn’t take too long to cook. It’s the perfect recipe for a midweek dinner when you don’t have much time, but still want to eat something truly delicious. Try it and enjoy!
Sausage Paella Recipe
- 2 thick beef sausages
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 550 gms chicken thigh fillets cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 400 gms canned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves chopped
- Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over moderately high heat. Add sausages; cook and turn for 6-8 minutes or until brown and cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil; rest for 5 minutes. Cut into 1cm-thick slices.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add oil and chicken to frying pan. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add onion, capsicum and garlic. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add cumin, turmeric, rice, tomato and stock to frying pan. Stir until well combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove lid. Stir in peas and sausage. Cook a further 1 to 2 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve at once.