This is a very easy paella recipe, which is very simple and quick to make. I’ve used scallops and chorizo sausage to create this recipe, but you can easily swap these ingredients around and use other seafood.
Scallops And Chorizo Paella
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz chorizo sausage cut into slices
- 1 Large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 14 oz raw scallops cleaned
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- a handful of fresh parsley chopped
- Bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan; add the saffron and leave to infuse.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan on medium high heat and fry the chorizo until it starts to brown and release it’s orange colored oils. Add the onion and continue to fry until the onion has softened. Add the garlic and fry another minute.
- Add the scallops and sauté 5 minutes. Remove the scallops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the white wine and allow to almost fully evaporate before adding the rice. Coat the rice with the other ingredients and then add the stock, paprika, smoked paprika and parsley. Bring to a boil before reducing the heat. Cover and leave to simmer 15-20 or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from the heat, add the scallops mix to warm with the cooked rice and serve.