Who needs crust when you can have parfaits? If you don’t have the patience of making a pie crust then this vegan and gluten free dessert is just perfect for you! It’s so easy and so yummy too!
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut Whipped Cream
- 2 cups Pumpkin Butter chilled
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- pinch sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar)
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- If you haven't already, prepare pumpkin butter and coconut whipped cream and place in plastic freezer bags (or piping bags) and set in the refrigerator to chill. When ready to assemble, snip the corner for easy assembly.
For The Granola
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Add rolled oats, salt, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl and stir.
- In a separate bowl, melt coconut oil in the microwave, add maple syrup, and whisk thoroughly to combine. Add to oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and fragrant. Stir at the halfway point to ensure even baking. Watch closely near the 17-minute mark as to not let it burn. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
For The Pecans
- Leave oven preheated to 340 degrees F, and heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add pecans and toast for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. If smoking or browning too quickly, turn heat to medium-low or low.
- At the 5-minute mark, add coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to coat and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from skillet and add to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 3-6 more minutes, or until fragrant and toasted, being careful not to burn. Set aside to cool.
For The Parfaits
- Divide cooled granola between 3-4 small serving glasses or ramekins, reserving a small amount for topping (~ 2 Tbsp).
- Top with a generous portion (~1/4 cup or 55 g) pumpkin butter and tap to settle.
- Top with a generous amount of coconut whipped cream and tap to settle.
- Top with another layer of pumpkin butter, then one more layer of coconut whipped cream. Tap to settle.
- If serving immediately, top with the maple cinnamon pecans and remaining granola.
- Otherwise, loosely cover with plastic wrap (or lids) and refrigerate up to 3-4 days (though best within the first 24 hours). Top with pecans just before serving to keep them crisp.