Can you imagine how amazing your first bite will be just by looking at this moist and fluffy carrot cake? It is spiced with cinnamon and sweetness which blends well with it cream cheese frosting! Pamela’s Artisan Flour is a fantastic substitute for white wheat flour.
Gluten Free Carrot Cake
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups Pamela's artisan gluten-free flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups carrots finely shredded (I used a little over 2 cups)
- ½ cup pureed carrots (optional but great!)
- ½ cup sweet coconut flakes finely shredded
FROSTING (double the recipe if you like a thick layer of frosting)
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 4 tbsp butter room temperature
- 2 cup confectioners sugar (may need more to thicken if desired)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour (with Pamela's flour) 2 (9-inch) cake pans. Set aside
- In a large bowl cream together oil, sugars, and eggs. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Mix just until fully combined. (careful not to over mix)
- Fold in shredded & pureed carrots, coconut flakes and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is set. (do not over bake!)
- Place pans directly into freezer to cool.
- While cakes are cooling prepare the frosting by first creaming together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add in the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix until silky and creamy. Add more sugar if a thicker texture is needed.
- When cakes are cooled remove them from pans and frost, sprinkling the tops with walnuts.