Gammon And Sausage Paella
This is an incredible twist from the traditional paella recipe. This scrumptious dish from realfood.tesco is composed of smoked gammon steak and yummy sausages.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic squashed
- 225 smoked gammon steak fat removed and cut into cubes
- 2 spicy pork sausages thickly sliced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 300 gms short grain paella rice
- pinch saffron infused in a little water
- 1.1 litre pork stock
- 1 orange pepper deseeded and chopped
- 220 gms green beans tails removed
In a large, shallow pan heat oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion starts to soften. Then, add the gammon and sausage, continue to cook until browned. Add the paprika and the rice, cook for 1-2 minutes.
Add the saffron (plus water) and about half of the stock. Stir well, add the pepper and the beans. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes. Add more stock during the cooking as it becomes absorbed, stir and then leave to absorb all the flavours.
Serve straight away as soon as rice is tender and the liquid absorbed.